Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information to provide Services to you, including:
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us and will include first and last name, billing information, a password and a valid email address.
Service Data (including Session and Usage data): When you use our Services, we receive information generated through the use of the Service, either entered by you or others who use the Services with you, or from the Service infrastructure itself. We may also collect usage and log data about how the services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting the service and for fraud prevention and security monitoring.
Device Information: When you use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
HereToday may access and use the data we collect as necessary (a) to provide and maintain the Services; (b) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law; (e) to fulfill our contracts; (f) to improve and enhance the Services; (g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our Customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and administer your account
- Send you an order confirmation
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you product updates, marketing communication, and service information
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Analyze data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience
- Provide you information about your use of the services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements
- Market services of our third-party business partners
HereToday will retain your information as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or for us to stop providing you services, or if we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or inactivated, please contact us.
Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
HereToday is continuously improving our website(s) and product(s) through the use of various third party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data: We use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
Google Analytics and Adobe Marketing Cloud: We use Google Analytics as described in How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
Mobile Analytics We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
- As part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company where customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
HereToday may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about HereToday that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
Accessing Your Data
Our customers can always review, update or change personal information from within their account. HereToday will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. Please contact us here if you need assistance in reviewing your information. HereToday will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
We may also collect information on behalf of our customers, to provide the services, and we may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed. If you are a customer or end-user of one of our customers, please contact them (as the data controller) directly if: (i) you would no longer like to be contacted by them; or (ii) to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. If requested to remove data by our customer, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by appropriate transfer agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customer as needed to provide services to our customer. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HereToday follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, however, no security measure is perfect. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
If you have any other questions about this policy please contact HereToday Privacy Team or write to us via postal mail at: HereToday Inc., 981 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. To reach our Global Customer Support department, you may contact us here.