HereToday enables you to secure and share your estate plans, health care directives, online accounts and digital assets, and legacy with an executor, family members and close friends. We do this by providing you with three encrypted, bank-level security vaults. Learn more about our security.
- The Life Vault protects your legal documents, insurance, banking information, online and social media accounts, and more. An executor or family member can quickly request access to these time sensitive documents. Prepare your family with an estate plan.
- The Legacy Vault helps you celebrate your life. Share your stories, favorite recipes, photos, music playlists, heirlooms and keepsakes, ancestry and lineage, and other items of emotional significance with family and friends. What’s your legacy?
- The Advance Directives Vault provides authorized individuals with quick access to your living will (advance directive), power of attorney, or health care proxy. When uploading documents to this vault, use the Share tool to assign files to an executor and family members.
Below is a checklist of documents you could add to your vaults. With each added document you can share the item with an executor, estate planner, financial advisor, insurance agent, and family members. Learn more about Family Preparation and Guidance. Like everyone’s life, each account is unique. You can easily customize the vaults and folders to suit your needs.
In this folder we recommend you add the following Legal documents:
- Attorney Contact Details
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Letter of Intent or Letter of Instruction
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Agreement
- Citizenship Documents / Passport
Recommended Property documents:
- Home Mortgage
- Rental Property
- Timeshare Property
- Storage Facility
- Home or Bank Safe Deposit Boxes
In this folder we recommend you add the following Financial documents:
- Financial Advisor Contact Details
- Investment Brokerage
- Credit Card(s)
- Personal Loan(s)
- Home Loan(s)
- Student Loan(s)
- Auto Loan(s)
- Tax Returns
- Military Benefits
- 401(k) / 403(b)
- Eldercare Financial Support
In this folder we recommend you add the following Medical documents:
- Doctor(s) Contact Details
- Medical Equipment
- Preferred Hospital
In this folder we recommend you add the following Insurance documents:
- Insurance Agent Contact Details
- Home Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Social Security
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Veterans Affairs
- Eldercare – Long Term Insurance
Devices and Passwords
In this folder we recommend you add Devices, Usernames and Passwords:
- Computer Login
- Mobile Phone Login
- Smart Home Logins
- Home Security System
Potential Digital Assets and subscriptions could include:
- Password Manager
- Internet Provider and Account
- Email Accounts
- Social Media
- Online Payment Services
- Content Streaming
- Music Services
- Cloud Storage
- Messaging Services
- Travel Sites
- Frequent Flyer Mileage Programs
Prior to adding digital account information to HereToday, your prepared legal documents must comply with the Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act (RUFADAA).
What are your favorite recipes that should continue for generations?
- Grandma’s famous eggplant lasagna
- Mom’s chicken soup
- Holiday cookies
Share heirlooms with your family and friends, including these examples:
- Musical Instruments
You’ve experienced a full life and taken thousands of photos. Share your favorite images.
Tell family and friends about your incredible life. Get inspiration from 100 Questions.
- What’s your family background?
- Where did you grow up?
- Were you married?
- Did you have children?
- Did you have a favorite pet?
- Where did you work?
- Did you have a Military career?
End of Life
Your requested End of Life, Funeral Arrangements & Preferences:
- Final Disposition
Advance Directives Vault
- Advance Care Plans: Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy
- Do Not Resuscitate Orders (DNR) / Do Not Intubate (DNI)
- Palliative Care Plan
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
We hope this checklist has provided you with suggestions to help your family in their time of need and guidance.
NOTICE: This checklist is only used for guidance. Nothing about this list should not be taken as financial, legal, or medical advice.
Disclaimer. HereToday is not a legal service. This content should not be taken as legal advice. Before drafting any legal document, please consult an attorney.